Monday, October 01, 2007

A smile.

I was standing in line waiting for my turn. In front of me stood a father and he was carrying his toddler baby girl in which I suppose was around 2 years old. Cute little girl with soft dark hazelnut colour hair and big round brownie eyes. Her chin was rested on her father’s shoulder and she was half asleep. Her eyes were so sleepy, with the eyelids closing…and open again…then close…then opened again. Adorable I must say. And I realized I was standing a bit too close to them when suddenly the little girl took stare at me, straight, eyeball to eyeball. It was as if she was expecting something from me. It was a long day for me and I was basically just too tired to even do anything and for a while I was looking at her I didn’t know what to do. She continued staring and I was a bit confused….like hey little girl…go back to sleep ya…but she continued staring at me as if she was waiting something from me…..i was afraid that she might cry.

And then, even though I was just too exhausted to even think…and fatigue just creeping all over my body….i gave her a smile. A twitch on my face muscle. A smile. Suddenly her eyeballs opened wider…she lifted her head up higher from her father’s shoulder and she was no longer sleepy. Then something spectacular happened. She gave me the sweetest smile I think she could possibly give and I can see the joy in her face and as she chuckled, she said hie to me using her 5 little baby fingers, as if she was grasping something.

Little girl, thank you. When you grow up, I hope that you can still smile to the simple pleasures of life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Thor said...

wah! so keng! so young also you can charm liao. wow! ;)

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha..aiyoo..i missed it la..

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home